Civil Engineer with CCS Candy Experience
March 13, 2017 -
Cell : +966-536670083
Date of Birth :23rd February 1989
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Languages Known : English,Hindi,Malayalam, Arabic, Tamil
To work in a progressive and challenging environment, which provides ample opportunities for enhancing and using my creative, technical and professional skills towards the fulfillment of goal of the organization I am working for.
Civil Engineer: June 2015 to present
Saudi Binladin Group – PBAD, Jeddah
Joined as Civil Engineer – Commercial Quantity Surveyor for the project King Faisal Speciality Hospital & Research Centre-Jeddah of $1 billion. The job description is as follows:
• Preparation and updating of post tender commercial model using CCS-CANDY
• Commercial control of the project using CANDY
• Preparation and updating of budget with detailed breakdown of resources using CANDY software
• Quantity take off using Autodesk QTO
• Incorporating the schedule of work into CANDY and link the monthly valuations & IPC for project cash flow
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
• Quantity Takeoff and BoQ preparation for Wadi-E-Makkah, a hotel and apartment project, Makkah
• Quantity Takeoff and BoQ preparation for King Salman Masjid, Maldives
• Budget preparation for Ibrahim Nasir International Airport – Maldives
Graduate Engineering Trainee: July 2010 to Dec 2011:-
L&T ECC, Nuclear and Defence, Kattupally project
Joined as GET in L&T ECC Kattupalli shipyard cum Captive port complex project, Chennai. The project cost is 50,000 million. I was responsible for the construction of precast – post tensioned girder beams and precast piles .The working experience at L&T gives a broad technical knowledge about civil construction which includes excavation, piling, post tensioning, pre-casting, concreting, and also it gives great exposure in planning, quality assurance and site safety.
The job description is as follows:
• Prepare and update project schedule based on the contract.
• Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
• Monitor critical activities based on the project schedule and advise project management
• Monitor day to day work progress and prepare the weekly and monthly program and report.
• Maintain and record update of site work progress obtained from Project Manager
• Prepares monthly report reflecting work progress summary
• Report to the Project Manager about the current work progress and make comparison between plan and actual progress and study impact of alternative approaches to work
• Participate in project meetings and discussions with the Client as required
• As Site engineer in charge of precast – post tensioning yard
• As assistant for excavation and piling
• Mark up and Back-checking of shop drawings.
• The sub contractor billing.
Academic Teaching Experience:
Assistant Professor in M-DIT Kozhikode: 2015
• Dealt with Environmental engineering and Advanced Hydrology for M-Tech Students
Faculty in GATE FORUM, Kozhikode: 2015
• Dealt with Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental engineering , Survey and Hydrology
Faculty in AWH, Kozhikode: 2012
• Dealt with Fluid Mechanics, Solid Mechanics , Engineering Graphics, and Survey
• Guided a Project Team
Course University Year of Passing % of marks/ GPA
M-Tech (EWRE) IIT, Hyderabad 2014 9.3
B-Tech (Civil) Govt. Engineering College, Kozhikode 2010 (June)
Plus two C.B.S.E 2006 79%
Tenth C.B.S.E 2004 81%
• A physical study on anaerobic degradation of lignocellulosic wastes using food wastes as the co-substrates and to produce useful product as methane.
• A model for transport of uranium contaminants from Lambarpur and Pedaguttu to Nagarjuna Sagar Dam (Andhra Pradesh) using Arc swat & GMS
• A matlab model for predicting the rainfall-runoff pattern using Artificial Neural Network with a presented National conference Paper
• Structural planning and designing of super specialty hospital, Koyilandi, Kerala, using AutoCAD and Staad.
• Planning for rehabilitation of Shantinagar Colony, Kozhikode, Kerala, using total station, AutoCAD and 3ds max
• Achieved Academic Excellence Award – 2014 in Civil Engineering Department from IIT, Hyderabad
• Scored a rank 1203 in GATE 2012
Key Performance Attributes
• Handy with CANDY – Construction Estimating Software
• Handy with AutoCAD,
• Handy with Autodesk Quantity Take Off and CANDY QTO
• Expert with MS- Excel
• Handy with software packages such as MS Office and Matlab
• Conversant with Aconex
• Conversant with 3Ds MAX, Adobe Photoshop.
• Conversant with project management software MS Project and Primevara
• English: Proficient user in reading, listening, speaking and writing.
• Hindi: Proficient user in reading, listening, speaking.
• Arabic: Basic user in reading and writing.
• Tamil: Basic user in listening and speaking
• Member of College Student’s Union.
• Association secretary of civil engineering department
• Placement cell student representative of GECK and IIT Hyderabad
• Entrepreneurial Development Club member
• National technology day celebration student convener of GECK
• Good aptitude for analysis.
• A good team player with the ability to work effectively in a group.
• Quick learner.