Capacit’e Infraprojects undertakes construction of residential, commercial and institutional
buildings in Mumbai Metropolitan Region, National Capital Region, Bengaluru and other major
cities in India.
Incorporated in 2012 as a construction contracting firm, Capacit’e Infraprojects offers the
Capacit’e Infraprojects grew at a rapid pace within two years of its incorporation; the
construction firm won 25 projects across India and built an order book of Rs 4000 crore. The
company needed to scale up its operation to successfully complete these projects and multiply
its annual sales from Rs 250 crore in FY 2013-14 to over Rs 1000 crore in FY 2015-16. This
challenge entailed a robust delivery mechanism to be built in a short span of time.
Why they engaged CCS
- Capacit’e Infraprojects wanted to avoid the customisation of construction software to meet the
specific needs of their clients. Therefore, the company decided to implement BuildSmart, one
of the world’s most powerful construction ERP softwares developed by CCS. As such, the
software itself is construction industry specific, meeting the functional requirements. Working
with CCS meant that the company saved time, cost, and effort that otherwise would have
gone into customisation.
- Capacit’e Infraprojects was confident of the efficiency of BuildSmart and decided that there
would be no additional manpower deployment. With its experience and expertise, CCS made
a commitment that the implementation would result in the same number of hands managing
more number of projects and project requirements.
What they asked us to do
The client engaged CCS to map the entire process flow for the procurement and consumption of
goods and services in the following sequence:
- Create and update item master
- Create and update vendor master
- Raise purchase requisition/subcontract requisition
- Check budget provision and approve the requisition
- Finalise the terms of purchase of goods/engagement of services
- Finalise the vendor and rates
- Approve the purchase order/work order
- Book GRN/SRN against receipt of goods & services
- Book the vendor bills against GRN/SRN
Understanding the client’s specific requirements, CCS offered several solutions to save costs
and optimise efficiency of the team:
- CCS established a material store to hold the materials to be incorporated in the
permanent works and consumable items.
- A site establishment store was also incorporated in BuildSmart, to enable the site
establishment expenses to be pooled in one place, so that pro-rata cost booking could
be spread over the project duration.
- The formwork assets were held in the yard store enabling monthly charges to be debited
from the project.
- BuildSmart also provided monthly charges of plant and machinery and other assets to
be debited from the project.
CCS successfully completed the whole process of building a robust delivery mechanism for
Capacit’e Infraprojects in less than six months during FY 2014-15, covering 25 project sites and
three corporate offices, which resulted in the following:
CCS completed the configuration of all stores and the charging mechanism.
The activity codes, cost codes and ledger codes for categorising and booking the costs were
established in a simple and easy to implement form, enabling quick roll out of the
implementation phase. Moreover, the accounting module was designed in a way that was
compliant with Indian law.
Effective management of resources
The enterprise accounting features combined with the project cost control features enabled
Capacit’e Infraprojects to avoid repetitive work in terms of management information system
requirements. The asset management features provided efficient and effective management of
these resources, while the provision for budget entries enabled live tracking and control of the
Smooth and simple implementation
Once the preceding year data was imported, the migration to BuildSmart was smooth and
simple. The purchase cycle was implemented first, followed by the subcontracting cycle. The accounting module was implemented thereafter, enabling live on-line information and process
Reduction in manpower requirement
True to the commitment made to Capacit’e Infraprojects, CCS ensured a reduction in the
manpower requirement to handle the procurement and accounting functions. The
conceptualisation and implementation itself was handled by a small team of just five people,
including one each from IT, accounts, purchase and stores.